The general recommendation
- At least 30 min of moderate intensity of aerobic activity on 5 days per week for a total of 150 min;
- At least 25 min of vigorous aerobic activity at least on 3 days per week for a total of 75 min;
- From moderate to high intensity muscle strengthening activity at least on 2 days per week for additional health benefits.
Classification of training in the tables according to FITT: Frequency, Intensity, Time and Type
- Warming up about 3 to 5 min;
- Cooling down about 3 to 5 min;
- Flexibility training daily;
- One session per day should be at least > 10 min, such sessions could be accumulated to duration and volume of exercise per day;
- Volume of exercise: target volume of about > 500 – 1000 METs min /week is recommended.
Progression: a gradual progression of exercise volume by adjusting to duration, frequency
and /or intensity is recommended until the desired goal is reached (Garber et al., 2011).
In general, starting slowly and increase slowly is advisable.