The EFSMA is open to National Sports Medicine Associations and Societies of European countries, recognized as autonomous by the United Nations, who agree to the aims and objectives of the Federation.
Applicant National Association or Societies must submit the following documents for consideration by the Executive Committee before the petition can be presented to the Council of Delegates:
- application in writing signed by the president and the secretary of the national association;
- copy of the statutes of the national association;
- list of the names of the board members and their functions;
- total number of members in each category of membership;
- letter of recommendation attesting the fact that the applicant association is the representative Sports Medicine organization in that country, from one of the following authorities: National Medical Association or Society, National Ministry of Health or National Olympic Committee or National Sports Association.
Any enquiries by a potential new National Association or Societies must be directed to the EFSMA Treasurer and Secretary General.